Friday, October 14, 2016

Do not over-step your bounds of common decency : Jose Mourinho pleads with Supporters ahead of Manchester United/Liverpool clashs



Jose Mourinho has pleaded with Liverpool and Manchester United supporters not to become embroiled in a vile war of words making a mockery of the respective tragedies involving both clubs.



The two north-west rivals meet at Liverpool’s Anfield ground on Monday, the first meeting between the teams since Mourinho took over as United manager in

pre-season.

Both clubs have already issued a statement imploring their own supporters to refrain from tasteless chants that make reference to the Hillsborough disaster

that left 96 people dead during Liverpool’s 1989 FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest at Sheffield Wednesday’s ground or the Munich air crash that

killed 23 people as United flew back from a European Cup tie in 1958.

Mourinho echoed the call for supporters not to overstep the bounds of common decency during an eloquent news conference on Friday.

“In football we have some football tragedies, if you can speak of them like that, which is the big match we lost, some mistake a player did and you can make

fun of that in some way,” said Mourinho.

“But the human tragedy is something much more serious, and I think is the last thing somebody should use in a football pitch, because they were really big

tragedies.

“So I would be really sad if in such a big football match that was a negative point,” he explained.

The Portuguese boss had a tempestuous relationship with Liverpool in his time as Chelsea manager, taking part in a number of high-profile, often

controversial, matches with the Merseyside club.

And while the United manager pointed out that his current side’s trip to Liverpool will not decide either club’s fate this season, he did not under-estimate

the intensity of the rivalry.

“I have to feel it, to play it, and then take my conclusions, but I have been in England for a long time,” said Mourinho.

“Obviously I have never played this match, but I played many times against Liverpool, many times against Manchester United, I understand the dimension of the

clubs and now I understand better the dimensions of two big historical rivals.

“But the season for me is not about the Anfield match and Old Trafford match (against Liverpool) in January, I think, the season is about many matches, many

points to win, many points to lose and targets to achieve.”

Mourinho added: “I look forward to it, yes, I always like to play at Anfield. I won many times there, I also lost, I won big matches, I lost big matches, so

I cannot say I like to go there because I’m always successful, because it’s not true.

“I like the atmosphere, normally the characteristics of the matches, but being Manchester United manager means something more, because we cannot compare the

historic rivalry between my former clubs and United and Liverpool.

“It can be comparable to Real Madrid v Barcelona, Benfica v Porto, these kind of matches,” insisted Mourinho, himself a former Real and Porto manager.



Source : AFP

Return the 10bn seized from NBC, Buhari orders EFCC


President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the return of N10bn seized from the National Broadcasting Commission by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

The Director-General of NBC, Mallam Is’haq Kawu, made this known to newsmen in Abuja yesterday at a press conference to announce the 20th edition of Africa Broadcasting Conference and Exhibition coming up in Abuja next week.

The money is part of the funds realised by the NBC from the controversial sale of frequency to MTN Nigeria Communications Limited.

The funds had been a subject of probe by the EFCC following allegation that the broadcast regulatory agency failed to remit it to the Treasury Single Account at the time prescribed by the Federal Government.

The NBC had claimed that the funds were meant for projects being executed for the country’s migration to digital broadcasting.

Kawu said the funds would be channelled towards projects and programmes aimed at achieving the transition to digital broadcasting for which a deadline of June 2017 had been set.

He added that the NBC was planning to establish a content development for the broadcast industry as the era of digitisation was expected to create immense need for content development as a result of multiple channels to be witnessed in the new era.


“We are going to assist a lot of young people to get finances for the production of their contents. We are thinking in terms of content development fund within the NBC and the NBC also provides opportunity for young content providers” he said.

According to Kawu, a 10 per cent increase in the digitisation of the broadcast industry is predicted to create one million new jobs.

Interesting !!! Aisha Buhari says she may not support President Buhari 2019,- Buhari replies : Her Place is in the Kitchen


 The President’s wife, Mrs. Aisha Buhari has warned that her support for her husband for 2019 election rest on the her husband’s readiness to shakeup his government.

Aisha Buhari in a BBC Hausa interview monitored in Kano pointed out that Buhari’s government has been hijacked by cabal who are “behind presidential appointments”.

Mrs Buhari said that “he is yet to tell me, but I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again “.


However  President Muhammadu Buhari  responded to the BBC interview with his wife, Aisha, where she questioned his leadership.

Buhari, who left the country on wednesday for a state visit to Germany, reacted to the interview during a joint press briefing with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

The Associated Press reports that he laughed it off and said: “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room

and the other room.”

He also said that he had much more political experience,  they reported

DSS handover rescued Chibok girls to Osinbajo

    The Presidency has formally received the 21 Chibok Girls and a 21 month-old baby from the Department of State Service (DSS) on Thursday.
The girls were handed over to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, by the Director-General of the DSS, Mr Lawal Daura, at the DSS medical Centre, Abuja.

Osinbajo thanked God for the rescue of the girls and promised that the travails of the Chibok girls abducted about 30 months ago would soon end.
He reminded them that the entire country was hoping to have them back throughout the months they were in captivity.
“We hoped that one day we will see you again and we are very happy to see you back.’’
He assured them that the Federal Government would bring their parents to see them in Abuja.
“Your parents will be coming to join you; we can’t be taking you out here immediately because we want to ensure that you are in very good health.
“I am sure that you are going to be well taken care of; we have already provided very good accommodation for you where you will stay and your parents will come and meet you.
“We are also going to make sure that while you are here we not only take good care of you but see to it that everything that you require going forward, perhaps your education, employment, would be provided.’’
He assured them of the commitment of President Muhammadu Buhari to give them the best, adding that he was excited to hear about their rescue.
“When you were away he (Buhari) kept saying that if this had happened to his own daughter that he wouldn’t know what to do with himself.
“So, we are very excited that you are here and happy that God has preserved your lives and brought you back.
“We know that very soon all will be well and I am sure that when you meet with your parents they will also be very excited and happy to see you.’’
   The vice president assured them that the Federal Government had already contacted their parents and assured them that they were in good health.
“We are all looking forward to how you are all going to settle down fast and be taken care of,’’ he said.
He further reminded them of the assurance of the medical doctors to give them the kinds of treatments that they needed.
Osinbajo prayed to God to “replenish, resuscitate and revitalise them’’ and also give them good health and make them more successful and happier in life than they were ever before.
He also prayed that those still held in captivity would be returned to the nation unhurt.
The Minister of Women Affairs, Hajia Amina Alhassan, who was at the event translated the vice president’s speech to the girls, and assured them that the medical centre would take good care of them.
The Director Medical Services of the Centre, Dr Ann Okoroafor, said that the girls were brought into the centre at about 1.00 p.m.
Okoroafor said the girls’ ages ranged from 18 years to 22 years and that the centre performed some medical examinations on all of them already.
She said the centre had tried to make the girls to relax and feel at home, adding that they had been provided with all the things they would need such as toiletries and clothing.
“Some of them who were ill, we have already commenced treatment for them; but we are to still do a lot more because it is not just a flash in the pan thing.
“We want to do a lot more as we have support from other agencies’’.
Okoroafor said a consultant psychiatrist from the National Hospital had arrived to assist in the examination and treatment of the rescued girls.
“We want to take them through a process and ensure that during this initial period they come back into the society the way they should.
“We noticed a whole lot of difference from the time we received them and a few moments ago when some of them were laughing and joking with them; that gave them a lot of joy.
“It means that we have created the environment for them to know that people care about them and that is the most important thing we want to do now,’’ she added
According to her beyond showing that Nigerians care about them medically, the society also cares about them to have the best of everything.
“We are happy to have them and so far so good,’’ the doctor noted.
The DSS boss, Daura, had said that the Chibok girls were rescued with the facilitation of the Switz Government and other international organisations with the active support of the Nigerian Army and Air Force.
“We are all grateful that God has made this possible and we are hopeful that this negotiation which brought about the rescue of the 21 girls will continue and hopefully the rest of the girls will be released very soon,’’ he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the Chairman of the Chibok Community in Abuja, Mr Tsambido Hosea, and the Deputy Director, Federal Ministry of Health, Dr David Atuwo, were at the event.(NAN)

Perrie Edwards and Luke Pasqualino Dating

Perrie Edwards has finally addressed her new romance with Our Girl hunk Luke Pasqualino, admitting "he's lovely".
The Little Mix singer was snapped sharing a steamy snog with the hot actor at Leigh Anne Pinnock's 25th birthday bash just days ago, appearing to confirm their romance once and for all.

And now she's admitted they've been dating, and she thinks he's "lovely".
Speaking to The Sun , Perrie said: “We’ve been on a few fun dates, which is nice. It’s very early days. It’s early days but yeah, he’s really lovely.”And asked if he had heard her new diss song, rumoured to be all about her ex Zayn Malik, she replied: “Yeah, he thought it was good.”
The pretty pair were rumoured to have cooled things off but Mirror Celeb exclusively revealed last month how they were still dating.
Flirty Perrie, 23, was pictured giggling and throwing her hair around as Luke planted kisses on her cheek at the recent party.
The Black Magic singer appeared completely smitten as she gazed into the dark-haired heartthrob's eyes before leaning in for a smooch.
A source said: "They snuck away to a corner and weren't making it obvious to everyone else at the party."
The pair partied alongside club promoter Wassim Ashayer, who first helped to introduce them earlier this year.
Perrie and Luke - affectionately nicknamed 'Lurrie' by fans - enjoyed their first date at London nightclub Mahiki back in August.
Luke has been downplaying romance rumours to friends, but our sources tell us Perrie is taken with the 26-year-old actor.
"She seems to be doing the chasing and even went to Manchester to see him recently where he's filming his new TV show Snatch with Rupert Grint," a source previously told Mirror Celeb.
"They've only seen each other three or four times since Mahiki, but it's going well.
"They have decided to keep their romance off social media and stay private for a while as they get to know each other."

Aisha Buhari Says She May Not Support Her Husband For A Second Term

    The President's wife, Mrs Aisha Buhari has said she may not support her husband's re-election in 2019 unless he retakes control of his government.

According to her, the President's government has been hijacked by a "few people."
    Speaking in a BBC interview, she revealed that her husband "does not know" most of the top officials in his government, suggesting that a 'powerful caucus' is behind the presidential appointments.
"The president does not know 45 out of 50, for example, of the people he appointed and I don't know them either, despite being his wife of 27 years," Aisha Buhari said.
    She said people who have been appointed to top positions do not even share the vision of the All Progressives Congress (APC) but they got the appointments because of the influence a select few wield.
"Some people are sitting down in their homes folding their arms only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position," she said.
When asked to mention names of those who have hijacked the Buhari administration, she said: "You will know them if you watch television."
She noted that although the President has not made his 2019 ambition known to her, she will not campaign for him if he decides to run.
"He is yet to tell me but I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again," Mrs Buhari vowed.

Digital switch from Analogue Television will be achieved by he end of the year - Lai Mohammed

Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has given assurance that the digital switchover from analogue television would be achieved in the Federal Capital Territory before the end of the year.

Mohammed gave the assurance after a guided facility tour of Pinnacle Communication Limited – the licensed signal distributor of the DSO in the FCT and Trefonics, a manufacturer of Set-Top-Boxes.

He said it was imperative to ascertain the level of preparation of all the stakeholders in order to ensure a successful roll-out in Abuja.

The minister said, “We are very much on track but I think it’s important to understand what the Digital Switch Over entails. It entails that all the component actors be ready.”

He expressed satisfaction with the signal distributor as well as the Set-Top-Box manufacturer, adding that they were on track to meeting the switch over date.

Recent Posts

Facebook Fan page