Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Headies 2016: Clarence Peters Slams Headies


Popular video director, Clarence Peter who got nominated for best music video category alongside, Banky W, Unlimited LA, Sesan and Meji Alabi in the coming Headies Award, is not happy with the award organisers who have totally ignored other names that have produced better videos within the year in view.

In a post on gram, Clarence mentioned, a lengthy list of video directors that should have also made the list. According to Clarence Peters who saluted most of Nigeria’s popular video directors, awards don’t define their jobs. Clarence wrote in an Instagram post this morning,

” In a year when these men gave us some of the most amazing visual interpretations,mainly: Dare’s “Pray for me” by @mexemania & Kiss Daniels’”Jombo” by @ajefilmswork works,respectfully, it breaks my heart that the headies don’t deem it feet to recognize their out standing work. To my brothers, from Dir Q,to @adasacookey to Frizzle&Bizzle, from Gambit to LA,from Matt Max to Avalon to TOSIN IGHO,SESAN to MOE to MEJI etc. We know what we put in,awards don’t define us,WE DEFINE POPULAR CULTURE not just in Nigeria,but across the continent, so I salute u all.”

Awful!! Fight Breaks Out During Church Service

It was a shameful sight to behold at the Tiwi Baptist church in Mombasa County area of Kenya when the congregation members engaged in a battle of insults over who should be the pastor of the church. It was gathered that two pastors of the church were in bitter war over the who should lead the congregation.

Pastor Samuel Masha claimed that his predecessor, Vincent Munyobi, had sparked the clash because he was unhappy with the fact that he had been ejected from church leadership. According to Masha, the former pastor had embezzled funds from the church and the school located on the church compound.

“Vincent Munyobi has been a crooked man; that’s why he removed from leadership,” said Masha. Things fell apart after Munyobi and a team of his supporters disrupted the Sunday morning church service.

Addressing the incensed crowd, he stated that he had grown the church from the ground up.

“I have been here for 20 years, built the school, brought them sponsors, and 20 years, since 1994 – why would they call me corrupt?” remarked Munyobi.
Commenting on the scuffle, New Mabriver Baptist church director, Onesmus Mathenge, said Monyobi could not force his leadership on the constitution.

“If his people have rejected him, who is he to say no?” queried Mathenge

Photos: President Buhari Arrives Morocco Ahead Of Climate Change Conference

President Buhari arrives Morocco ahead of climate change conference COP 22 in Marrakech on 14th Nov 2016.

Read More at:  http://www.naijazblog.com/2016/11/president-buhari-arrives-morocco-ahead.html

Ifeanyi Ubah Dissociates Himself From 2017 Governorship Campaign Posters

Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah in a statement today dissociates himself from campaign posters that flooded Awka today tagged “Restoration 2017” with his picture and the inscription “Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah for Governor 2017 ” powered by Concerned Anambra professionals.

“Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah ‘s attention was drawn to posters pasted within the state capital,Awka and its environs adorned with the name and Picture of Dr
Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah with an inscription:
‘ Restoration 2017 , Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah for Governor of Anambra State 2017 ‘. And with another inscription on the same poster: “Powered by : Concerned Anambra Professionals”

Let it be well noted that persons doing this do not have the consent of Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah and Ubah has distanced himself from such posters even as he urges the general public to discountenance everything connected thereof.

Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah is focusing on finding answers to the disheartening youth unemployment crisis bedeviling our society and which has eaten deep into the fabrics of our system.

Ubah plans to curb this through his numerous employment platforms and windows for now and would not be distracted by the politics of 2017 Anambra

Governorship election and its attendant posters.
While democracy allows for people to take positions on political matters, he frowns at using his name and pictures for politics without his approval as that could be called suspicious behaviour on the part of those behind it.

Those pasting the posters may be trying to express their democratic /political view ,but the truth is that Ubah is still very focused on issues of employment generation through his private sector multi interventionist platforms .

Ubah therefore, dissociate himself from these “posters”, the “message” and the “association” responsible for this unauthorized adventure.

Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah who is also the President of the victorious FCIfeanyi Ubah (Anambra Warriors ) will join the team and fans in celebrating their victory in 2015/2016 FA Cup finals as the Trophy touches down to Anambra State on 16th November 2016 for the first time in the history of Anambra State since its creation, in what will be a statewide victory tour/parade with the trophy and wouldn’t like to be dragged into the posters of 2017 election.

It is also of note that pasting of 2017 Governorship election posters now by anybody, amounts to distraction to H.E Gov Obiano and an act capable of overheating the polity.

Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia
SSA Media to Dr Ifeanyi Ubah

Monday, November 14, 2016

Boko Haram Leader Has A Message For American President-Elect

.


Boko Haram leader, Abubakar speaks on election of Donald Trump to the White House with a warning that “the war has just begun” against the West.

“Do not be overwhelmed by people like Donald Trump and the global coalition fighting our brethren in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and everywhere,” Shekau said in an audio message posted on YouTube late Sunday.
“We remain steadfast on our faith and we will not stop,” he said in the hour-long message. “To us, the war has just begun.”

Boko Haram is waging a seven-year-old uprising against the Nigerian state that has claimed more than 20,000 lives, with the insurgency spilling over the West African nation’s borders into neighbouring states, AFP reports.

The group, which last year pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group, has been in the grip of a power struggle since late last year.

The IS high command said in August that Shekau had been replaced as leader by Abu Musab al-Barnawi, the 22-year-old son of Boko Haram’s founder Mohammed Yusuf.
Shekau claims he is still in charge, however, as rival factions vie for control.

During a visit to Nigeria in August, US Secretary of State John Kerry congratulated the government for reclaiming swathes of territory and releasing thousands of hostages from Boko Haram, while warning against the use of excessive force to fight extremists

Examination Student Lands In Hospital After Brain Boosting Adventure Fails



On monday morning, a KSCE candidate of Kiraanga Secondary School in Kandara, Murang’a County in Kenya was rushed to the hospital after taking an enhancement drugs to 'boost' his brain capacity during the examination.

According to Nairobi News report, the deputy principal Jonathan Kibe told the police officers, that the Four Four student took the drug known as ‘Heridol’ with other students who were luckily not affected.

'Their intention was to enhance their brain capacity in order to pass the KCSE examination. He got unconscious and has been rushed to Kandara Sub County Hospital for treatment and he is due to take his examination at the same facility.’

Olamide finished with Etisalat

 
YBNL boss and multiple award winner, Olamide AKA baddo-sneh has come to the end of his contract with the telecommunication company, Etisalat. The news which was delivered via their Instagram page involved a farewell message to the ”Lagos boys” crooner.

Recent Posts

Facebook Fan page