Friday, November 25, 2016

Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team





Our very own Falconets defender; Mary Ologbosere has been referred to the traumatic unit of a hospital in Abuja after she suffered from depression following the inability of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to pay the players on arrival from the U-20 World Cup in Papua New Guinea.

The 18-year-old defender lost her father while the Falconets were at the World Cup and the entire family were counting on her to come back and bury him. However, on return from the World Cup Wednesday afternoon, they were all shocked when they were each paid a miserly N10,000 to return to their various homes.

A shocked Ologbosere A shocked Ologbosere cried all through the night and had to be rushed to hospital as a result, where she has now been admitted at the traumatic unit.

“She is totally shattered by this heartless treatment,” simply reported a team official at the Serob Legacy Hotel. It’s truly a pathetic case.
The 10,000 Naira paid each player was the only money they received from the NFF since they opened training camp for the World Cup earlier this year. The team have vowed not to leave the hotel they were booked into until they have got their cash. At the World Cup, they won two matches, against Spain and Canada.

It would also be recalled that the Nigeria U-19 team led by Manu Garba were also sent away on their return from an invitational tournament in Suwon, South Korea, after they were paid a paltry 5,000 Naira each. pay us our bonuses and allowances for now.

Sports Vanguard gathered from reliable sources that the NFF had in a meeting with the players and officials of the team pleaded to be given some time to raise the approved N20,000 transport fares for them to return to their various clubs.

General Secretary of the NFF, Mohammed Sanusi who was at the meeting with another board member appealed to the angry players to give them some time to raise the transport fare, adding that the NFF has no money to meet up with its daily responsibilities.

“We met with the NFF General Secretary and one board member, and they pleaded with us to give them some time to raise even the transport fare that we need to return to our clubs. They told us that we will not be evicted from the hotels as it was earlier threatened but pleaded for our understanding saying there is no money for the NFF to cried all through the night and had to be rushed to hospital as a result, where she has now been admitted at the traumatic unit.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/tragedy-falconets-player-hospitalised-nff-fails-pay-off-team/


I Will Continue With Jimoh Ibrahim When We Meet Face To Face

Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, says his war of words with businessman, Jimoh Ibrahim, will not end on the internet.

Fani-Kayode has threatened to deal with Ibrahim, when they see “eyeball to eyeball”.

Both men exchanging banter on social media, after the Court of Appeal sacked Ibrahim and reinstated Eyitayo Jegede as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Fani-Kayode mocked Jimoh for losing his appeal at the Supreme Court, before taking the advice of his followers to end the exchange.
Some of his tweets below:

“I have given Jimoh the pig enough of my time. I will tell him the rest face to face whenever and wherever I see him. I look forward to that.

“Finally I hear that Jimoh the pig just lost his appeal at the Supreme Court and that he has been referred back to the Court of Appeal. Poor little piggy. We better leave him alone. He has far more to worry about now than my tweets. As promised when I see him eyeball to eyeball we shall continue this. That is a date and a promise that I will most certainly keep.

“Out of deferrence to my followers I have decided not to continue to engage Jimoh the pig any further. Thanks for your concern. Shalom.”

SOURCE: https://www.naijanews.com/news/2137-h-jimoh-ibrahim-when-we-meet-face-to-face-fani-kayode/

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Seun Egbegbe remanded in prison


A Lagos State Magistrate’s Court sitting in Ikeja, yesterday, remanded in Kirikiri PrisonS, Seun Egbegbe, former boyfriend to actress and social media celebrity, Toyin Aimakhu, for alleged theft of 10 pieces of iPhones.



Seun was arraigned before Magistrate Y. O. Aje-Afunwa, on one count charge of theft slammed against him by the police.

Egbegbe, who pleaded not guilty when the charge was read to him, was alleged to have committed the offence at the Computer Village, Ikeja, where he requested for the phones.

 The police prosecution told the court that the incident occurred while the sales girl was trying to calculate the items Seun requested for, but that he allegedly ran out of the shop with the phones and tried to board a waiting vehicle.

66 Million Naira-A-Week salary offered to Mikel to leave Chelsea


Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel has been offered $212,000 a week (about N66m official rate) by Chinese club Shanghai SIPG.

owngoalnigeria.com reports that the offer was made to the player’s agent after the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Algeria. Mikel has been frozen out by Chelsea coach Antonio Conte despite being in a rich physical form.


He has been linked to a move in January to French club Marseille. Mikel is now faced with the choice of taking the huge pay or settle for the former UEFA Champions League champions, where he faces a pay cut.

Shanghai SIPG is rated third in terms of wealth and revenue in the Chinese league and the club is currently managed by former Chelsea coach Andre Villas-Boas. It also has Sven Goran Erikson former England coach in the management team.

Recall that last season Mikel turned down a move to Shanghai Shenhua, which currently have in its squad, former Super Eagles striker Obafemi Martins who is living large in China. 

Lagos state Government cancels environmental sanitation


The Lagos State Government on Wednesday terminated the monthly environmental sanitation exercise which hitherto held for three hours on the last Saturday of every month.

The State Government, in a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Steve Ayorinde, said the decision to cancel the monthly exercise followed a resolution arrived at Wednesday’s Executive Council meeting which approved the need for a robust review of the environmental laws and procedures in the state in order to meet the present day challenges and to promote a clean and healthy environment.


The Government noted that considering the present economic situation in the country, it was no longer appropriate to restrict movement of people for three hours in a mega city like Lagos at a time they should be pursuing commercial and entrepreneurial activities.


According to government, in the last two decades, Lagos has grown exponentially into a mega city with the attendant huge environmental problems associated with managing a population of over twenty million people.

But sadly, the environmental laws, policies and procedures being practiced in the State have not been able to match the phenomenal growth and the dream of a 24-hour economy, hence the need for the reform.

Ayorinde said the State Government was not unaware of a recent Court of Appeal judgment.

According to him, the thrust of the fresh initiatives, among others, is to promote holistic and modern solutions to the unique environmental challenges confronting the State, while encouraging citizens to voluntarily partner with government to achieve the desired goals.


The Statement said: “After a careful consideration, the State Executive Council has therefore resolved that the present economic climate can no longer support the continued lock down of a mega city like Lagos, when the citizens should be free to engage in commercial and entrepreneurial activities that can promote economic growth and prosperity.

“Furthermore, Government will also accelerate the introduction of fresh reforms through the passage of the new harmonized environmental laws that will drive meaningful changes in areas of harmonized billing, waste management, modern Landfill sites, noise pollution, introduction of an Environmental Trust Fund and an Environmental Advisory Council.

“The Government wishes to reiterate its strong commitment to a clean and secure environment for the benefit of its citizens, and will continue to provide the necessary leadership to meet the environmental challenges of a mega city like Lagos. Lagosians and visitors alike are therefore urged to embrace these changes and imbibe a culture of voluntarily maintaining and preserving their environment to create a beautiful and healthy city that we all can be proud of.”

The statement added that the State Government would henceforth be tougher in ensuring expeditious enforcement against contraventions of its policies and regulations and as such, residents should voluntarily comply with the necessary laws and support government in its bid to have a clean and healthy environment.



SIGNED
STEVE AYORINDE
COMMISSIONER FOR INFORMATON & STRATEGY
LAGOS STATE
NOVEMBER 23, 2016

Prostitutes in Zimbabwe now raping clients due to low patronage


Hookers plying their trade in selected areas in Zimbabwe have reportedly become dangerous to their clients. They now team up with other male counterparts to drag clients into their rooms forcing them into sex in order to beat the hard times.

A report by H-Metro reveals that the syndicate will be roaming the area and once they pounce on their prey, the hookers offer very affordable prices before they take you to their room where they search you and force you to have sex with them for the money they would have taken.

H-Metro spoke to one of the victims who refused to identify himself and he narrated his ordeal after falling prey to three hookers.



“I am a student and I was walking along Samora Machel where three hookers pounced on me and offered me sex for US$2 of which I refused.
“They insisted but I said I would give them the US$2 they wanted so that they will let me free but before I could say anything more, two more men appeared and helped the ladies to drag me to a room upstairs at a local hotel.”
The victim said, whilst in the room, he refused to have sex but the ladies wouldn’t take any of his words.

“One of the ladies undressed and lied on the bed naked and offered me sex. I was cornered and I had to ask for a condom which they gave me and I had sex with her while other two were looking.”
AD: See How I Satisfied My Woman For Over 30 mins in Bed - Click Here
“Whilst I was contemplating my next move, the other one requested to have sex with me as well and I turned down the offer before she called the two men who were outside.
“As soon they entered there was confusion in the room and they searched me of all my valuables.”
He added:

“After the noise, the ladies shared the money and ordered me to leave the room while they remained behind with the two men.
“I had to plead for a dollar to use for transport home.”
However, the incident is not the first but several men have failed to open up on such incidents where they have been pounced on by hookers.

Instead of reporting they are ashamed of making reports on such cases thereby giving them a gratitude to continue.

“It’s hard to report kuti wabatwa nemahure, unozvitaura uchiti kudii, zvinomakisa. “If you fell prey to such better kungoita easy unless watobirwa mari yakawanda,” said another man.
Meanwhile, they hung around the area where some hookers paraded their ‘thighs’ and witnessed the same scenario. The hookers will be standing as individuals but as they negotiate their colleagues approach.

“I have seen men falling victims to hookers who just mob you and force you into their rooms where they can extort you. “One may assume people are in agreement but it won’t be that,” said one vendor who operates along central Avenue.



culled from Yabaleftonline

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Nollywood actor, Leo Mezie getting a second chance at life.

    Barely a week after his return to Nigeria,
Nollywood actor, Leo Mezie  has spoken on his kidney failure amongst other issues.
After his return from London to treat his kidney ailment , the Invasion 1897 actor has said his wife was the main pillar of hope.
Speaking to an array of newsmen in Lagos, Mezie said when he lost hope to live, his wife was the only one that took the fight to live again upon herself.
"I won't lie to you because in all honesty, I lost hope thinking, how do I raise money, get donor and all that ," he began.
Continuing, he said: " At some point, I resigned to returning to my village to live whatever is remaining of my life but my wife stood by me like a rock of gilbratar.
"My wife begged me to allow her seek the face of God and do all she can before I can resign to fate and after much pressure and support from several individuals, I was given another chance.
"Then the response I got from Nigerians was massive and I had Ibinabo Fiberesima insisting I can't fight the battle alone and she wasn't willing to mourn over another actor. I had immense support from Tom Ateke who made huge financial input as well as Apostle Sulaiman Johnson, who insisted we stop the fund soliciting ," he said.
.
In conclusion, Mezie said: " I want to thank the Nigerian media and Nigerians in diaspora who went all out to donate funds through the help of Harifa Daly, Cynthia Uwak, Omoluka Abuede and Veronique Adaa in Dublin with a gofundme account. I have been given another chance and the words of Patience Jonathan, there is God keeps resonating in my head because truly there is God. "
During his treatment in UK, which he terms miraculous healing, Mezie had shown gratitude to Nigerians and his fans.

Recent Posts

Facebook Fan page